Good morning readers and happy Halloween!
I hope you and yours have a happy and safe day and that your candy dishes are filled with only the best kinds of treats!
If you need something to do with all that candy (besides eating it of course), here are some great ideas from Parenting.com:
- Freeze it. Throughout the year, add it to milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream, and plain cookie dough. (For a quick milkshake, add mini Butterfinger or Snickers bars to ice cream or frozen yogurt and milk. Bonus: add a banana.)
- Bring it to the Thanksgiving table. Remember how your mom used to make yams with marshmallows? Try using leftover candy corn.
- Make homemade flavored vodka. Just drop it in a bottle and let it soak for awhile to make your own homemade, creative tasting alcohol.
- Use it to wrap gifts. Save wrappers to decorate boxes, or garnish boxes with candies. Try stuffing it in gift bags instead of using tissue paper, or put it inside coffee mugs or any other gifts that could use some filling.
- Save and use next year for a Halloween wreath.
- Put it in a piñata for your next birthday party.
- Donate it. Bring to nursing homes, doctor’s offices, and women shelters.
- Send it overseas. Operationshoebox.com will gladly take donations.