If you’ve been watching any TV lately, you’ll know that retailers like to give major discounts for Presidents’ Day. It’s been called the Black Friday of February, but not nearly as popular. Fortunately, this means great deals for you and me!
So to help you shop smarter, here are our tips on what to buy this Presidents’ Day:
1. APPAREL! Spring is here (well, in the fashion world at least), so winter clothes are going to be priced to move. Now is the time to stock up on sweaters, outerwear, and other cozy things.
2. Exercise equipment: Now that the “I have to get in shape for 2012!” folks have toned down a bit, you can get great deals on exercise equipment. Be sure to check online for discount codes before you buy, or use smartphone apps in the store to compare prices.
3. Home decor and organization: Before spring cleaning really hits its peak, you’ll want to clean up on deals for the home. I’ve seen some really good prices on furniture and organizers… just be sure to watch delivery costs or bring your own vehicle for transporting your purchases.
4. Travel: You can get some excellent last minute deals for travel. Check sample sales and daily deal sites as well as individual hotel chains and reward programs.
5. Cars: The new year cars should be coming down in price by February, so Presidents’ Day is a great time to shop.
Do you have any other tips for what to buy on Presidents’ Day? Find a great deal you want to share? Leave em in the comments!