We’re in the process of furnishing a new home, so let me assure you, Labor Day could not come at a better time! I’ve been scouring newspapers and the internet to find the best deals on everything from flooring to furniture to curtains – everything a new home could need.
Here’s a list of some great deals for Labor Day:
- Grills and Patio Furniture – since summer is coming to a close, many retailers will be offloading outdoor cooking accessories and furniture. Just yesterday I saw a beautiful chair at Home Depot marked down to $300 from $799! Lowe’s is offering up to 75% off some furniture as well!
- Mattresses – Sears is currently running a sale of 60% off all mattresses, Sleepy’s is offering up to half off, and many other retailers will follow suit. As luck would have it, we’re in the market for a brand new set, but if you’ve been looking to upgrade, now is a great time to do so.
- Cars – I’m not personally in the market for a new car (still absolutely adore my Kia Optima!) but if you are, now is a great time to check out your local dealership. I recently saw a commercial that Chevrolet is offering 0% financing for 6 years for qualified buyers. Pretty amazing.
- Furniture – I don’t know if it’s just locally here in Maryland, but I’ve seen a TON of ads for furniture clearances. We’re planning to check out Marlo, Gavigan’s, IKEA, Overstock.com, and a bunch more.
- Summer Clothing – I’m currently on a spending hiatus, but now is a great time to stock up on summer clothing. I’ve seen sales from all the big retailers, so be sure to check around online for coupon codes before you shop. My favorite place for codes is RetailMeNot.
Don’t forget if you shop online, use Cash Back sites to get the best bang for your buck. My personal favorite is BigCrumbs – sign up and refer your friends to get the best benefit! Here’s a great resource for why you should join BigCrumbs today!
What other sales have jumped out at you? Where are you planning to shop this Labor Day weekend? Please share in the comments!